There’s no doubt that home improvement projects—from storm damage roof repairs and siding replacements to deck installations—are considered big investments. Actively maintaining the condition of your home also shows understanding of functionality and its importance for the success of safety and security measures.
Having a roof over your head doesn’t guarantee protection from water infiltration and mold growth. There are other mandatory steps to observe before you can achieve an efficient roofing system that can defend you from weather-driven damages. One of these is finding a reputable roofing contractor.
Fortunately, BBB or Better Business Bureau developed a system to protect residents from poor workmanship and defective products.
Overview of BBB Ratings
The ratings from BBB (A-plus as the highest and F as the lowest) represent the organization’s opinion of how well roofing contractors interact with their customers. Ratings are formed using the gathered information on the roofing business, including complaints from customers. BBB recommends the public to consider the ratings of contractors before working with them.
The BBB ratings are based on the following factors:
- Business complaint history with BBB
- Type of business
- Time in business
- Transparent business practices
- Failure to honor commitments to BBB
- Licensing and government actions known to BBB
- Advertising issues known to BBB
What an A-plus Rating Means
The A-plus rating is the highest possible rating a roofing company can receive from BBB. But what does the A-plus rating exactly mean for the customers?
- Hiring a roofing contractor with an A-plus rating guarantees you excellent customer service. This means that previous customers are satisfied with how well the roofer handled mishaps, and that there are no unresolved complaints against the roofer.
- Reputable roofers are known for their high quality products. With an A-plus rating, you can trust that your home will not encounter damages due to defective materials.
- No trusted roofer will ask you a full payment upfront. Allowing flexibility on payment terms is a good business practice and emphasizes confidence in the ability of a company to complete the task on hand.
- Lastly, timely project completion is necessary in obtaining A-plus rating. This means no dissatisfied customers are left with incomplete projects and that timetables are followed diligently.
D&M Roofing prides itself in having A-plus rating from BBB. We have a team of dedicated and experienced professionals who consistently deliver quality products and services to meet the needs of every home.
Call us today at (330) 968-0002 or fill out this contact form for a free, no-obligation roofing estimate. Our service areas include Akron and Canton, OH, and nearby communities.